- Serves 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
Canned tuna is a good source of omega-3 fats and tastes terrific in this easy filo-topped pie.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 1/2 cups reduced fat milk
- 2 1/2 tbs cornflour
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 cup reduced fat tasty cheese
- 400g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 425g tuna chunks in spring water, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- Olive oil spray
- Garden salad, to serve
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan, add onion and sauté until light golden. Stir in 2 cups of the milk and heat to just below boiling point.
- Mix cornflour to a smooth paste with the remaining 1/2 cup of milk, add to pan and stir constantly until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in mustard and cheese.
- Steam or microwave the broccoli until just tender. Gently stir broccoli, peas and tuna through sauce. Divide mixture into 4 x 375ml capacity ovenproof dishes. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- Lay 1 filo sheet on a clean surface, apply cooking spray and top with another filo sheet. Cut layered filo into quarters. Gently scrunch up the filo pieces, place over filling in one dish and reapply cooking spray. Repeat with remaining filo to cover all four pies.
- Place pies on an oven tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until filo is golden.
- Serve with a garden salad.