- Makes 20
- 2 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
These pasties are delicious hot or cold. A couple of pasties with vegies on the side makes a good main meal, or they’re great to serve at parties, picnics and BBQs. Very popular in lunchboxes too.
Ingredients (makes 20 pasties)
- 1 medium White Onion
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 240 gm Tuna in brine (well drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1 cup White Sauce
- 1 cup Potato (finely diced & lightly steamed)
- 1 cup Peas & Corn Kernels (lightly steamed)
- 1 cup Carrots (finely diced & lightly steamed)
- 1 teaspoon Parsley (finely chopped)
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 packet Puff Pastry Slices
- 1 Egg (beaten with a little milk)
- Finely chop onion and saute in butter until soft. Add onion to white sauce with all remaining ingredients (except pastry), and mix well. Cool completely before using.
- Place each pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface, and cut into 4 equal squares. Place a spoonful of tuna mixture on one diagonal half of each square, dampen the edges of the pastry with a little milk & egg mix, and seal corner-wise. Use a fork to gently press around the edges of each pasty to ensure they are sealed.
- Line several baking trays with baking paper, and place pasties on trays. Glaze the top of each pasty with a little milk and egg mix, and bake at 230 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
I sometimes add a little garlic to the white sauce, and a pinch of dill, which really complements the flavour of the tuna. And you can substitute a couple of spring onions for the regular onion. I like to sprinkle a few poppy seeds over the top of the pasties after they're glazed, but before they go in the oven.