- Serves 8
- 5 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
This makes tons, so it’s great if you’re feeding a crowd or want to freeze some for later. It’s also very flexible, you can vary the veggies you use depending on family tastes. And although I’ve recommended grating the veggies here, as your kids get older you may be able to simply dice them.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 kg Mince
- 1 Large Onion
- 690 grams Tomato Puree or Passata
- 2 400g tins of diced tomatoes
- 3 Large Carrots
- 3 Large Zucchinis
- 3 Large Broccoli Florets
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- Grate the carrot, zucchini and the broccoli. You can simply chop it, but grating works best, especially if you’re playing “hide the veggies”. You can do this by hand or with a food processor.
- Brown the mince in a frying pan.
- Put everything in a slow cooker. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for approximately 5-6 hours on low/medium. The longer you cook it, the less obvious the veggies will be.
- Serve with the pasta of your preference, or mashed potato.
This is a great recipe for hiding veggies - neither my husband or I like broccoli, but we don't notice we're eating it in this.