- Serves 4
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 6 Ingredients
These are a great side dish especially for kids who are fussy eaters in regards to eating their vegetables. Alternatively you could always make them as a snack or even as a light lunch.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 1/2 Cups Mashed potato (just mashed, still warm)
- approx 1/4 cup frozen spinach thawed
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 small red onion grated
- Combine the spinach, onion and garlic together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the grated cheese with the mashed potato until the cheese has melted into the mash.
- Add the mashed potato and cheese to the vegetables and combine together with the flour.
- Whilst the mixture is still warm, roll out onto a flour dusted surface to about 2cm deep.
- Cut the flattened mix into stars (if you are making ahead you can make the stars and place in the fridge and cook later).
- Put the stars onto a baking tray lined with lightly oiled baking paper and spray with oil then bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees until turning golden brown, serve immediately.
* Alternatives to spinach include grated carrot or blanched and diced broccoli and also diced capsicum * Stars are a great shape to cut out, but you could do circles, animals or whatever shapes you have cutters for