- Serves 5
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
This carbonara is sure to be a hit with all the family!
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 1 tin of Carnation light milk
- 250g light cream cheese
- 250g steamed cauliflower
- 1 large brown onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 6 rashers of short cut bacon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 packet frozen spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 packet spaghetti or other pasta
- Cook pasta as per packet directions.
- Puree the steamed cauliflower.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Cook diced onion, garlic, bacon and mushrooms for about 5 minutes. Add peas and spinach and cook a further 5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan add the remaining oil and cook the chicken for about 5 minutes, or until just cooked. Return the bacon and onion mix to the pan.
- Pour in the carnation milk, add cream cheese and pureed cauliflower. Stir until well combined. Stir through parmesan cheese.
- Serve with spaghetti or pasta of your choice and top with extra parmesan cheese.