- Serves 12
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 8 Ingredients
Perfect for a Viking, Iceland or “How to train your dragon” themed party
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 1 cup White sugar
- 125g Butter or margarine
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla essence
- cups Self raising flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 Banana
- To cover Topping chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease a piddling pan or tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour and sugar, then create a well in the centre.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture. These include eggs, milk, butter and vanilla essence. Mix well till combined.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Once golden in colour remove from the oven and allow to cool on a rack.
- Once cool you can decorate your helmet. You may choose to put a ring of aluminium foil at the bottom of the helmet or carefully remove the excess to create a flat base for the helmet. Pour melted chocolate over the helmet.
- Chop the banana in half and insert into the sides of the cake using a bbq skewer or toothpicks. Note: You may wish to chocolate coat your banana halves.
- You may wish to add further embellishments to your helmet in this case I used some Hershey’s hugs and kisses.
This recipe was a fan favourite at the recent work World Cup event.