- Serves 8
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
A sweet violet crumble ice-cream, (also known as hokey pokey) that is a hit with kids and adults, and will leave you wanting more!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 Tin Consensed Milk
- 600ml Cream
- 2-4 Violet Crumble Bars (can be replaced with confectionery of your choice)
- 1 Pack wafer or malt biscuits (optional)
- Crush Violet Crumble bars. and set aside. placing the bars, with wrappers still on inside a plastic bag, then crushing them with a rolling pin is easiest.
- If you want to make this as a slice line a 5cm tray with wafers or malt biscuits. If you want a bowl of ice-cream skip this step.
- Whip cream thoroughly with electric beaters, then add tin of condensed milk. after mixture is thoroughly combined, beat in violet crumble chunks.
- If you followed step 2, pour the mixture onto the biscuit lines tray, and cover the top with biscuits also. If you are making a bowl of ice-cream, pour mixture into a large bowl.
- Freeze for at least 2-3 hours.
This has been a party favorite in my family for many years. We love to experiment with different flavours, i.e using peppermint crisp or chopped Turkish delight bars. So simple the kids can make it, and love to help with crushing up the candy bars.