- Makes 12
- 180 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
Sweet Fruity Summer's Treat
Ingredients (makes 12 Icy-poles)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 sprigs mint
- 1kg watermelon, peeled, diced
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- Put water and sugar in a saucepan. Stir with a wooden spoon over medium heat for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.
- Add mint and bring the mixture to the boil. Boil, uncovered for 5 mins or until the it thickens to a syrup.
- Pour the syrup into a small bowl, remove mint and cool in the fridge
- Place the syrup and watermelon and lemon juice in a food processor and process until smooth. Strain mixture through a sieve into a jug. Pour mixture into twelve ice-block moulds, insert stick and freeze