- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 15 Ingredients
This is a fantastic salad and a great way to use up any leftover watermelon. Great with fish or any meat off the barbie.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 10 slices ciabatta bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion finely sliced
- 2 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 2 cups diced ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 cups diced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons capers rinsed and drained
- 1 packet feta cheese crumbled
- 2/3 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 bunch of basil chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic crushed
- pinch sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400. Tear the ciabatta into crouton sized pieces, drizzle with olive oil and place on a baking tray and cook in oven for about 5 minutes to toast until golden.
- Toss the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl, add the ciabatta and mix together. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the dressing, whisk all of the ingredients together and pour over salad. Allow the flavors to marinate for about 10 mins before serving.