- Serves 3
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This yummy fried rice is a quick and easy meal for all the family and great for using up leftover rice and for boosting the kids veggie intake!
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 2 cups Cooked rice
- 1 Egg
- 1 Carrot finely chopped
- 3 Mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 rashers Bacon finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup Frozen peas
- 1/4 cup Frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sweet chilli or hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh ginger grated
Notes... You can substitute whatever meat and vegetables you prefer or have on hand. Just make sure to chop them finely so they cook evenly and quickly and the veggies are less likely to be picked out by little people!
- Whisk the egg and cook like an omelette in a hot pan or wok. Remove and put to one side. Add a little oil and fry the garlic, bacon, carrots and mushrooms for a couple of minutes until the carrots are just tender.
- Add the rice to the pan (works best when the rice is cold) and cook for a few more minutes, stirring all the time. Add the soy sauce and either sweet chilli or hoisin sauce (depending if you want it a little spicy or not) and also throw in the frozen peas and corn.
- Chop the omelette and add this to the pan to warm through then finally grate a little fresh ginger over the fried rice and toss through.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.