- Difficulty Easy
Who doesn’t love zucchini fritters? Try this zucchini patties recipe with halloumi that is bound to be a hit with the whole family.
This delicious zucchini patties recipe makes a bunch of deliciously healthy patties that are amazing in burgers, as a side to a salad or roast veggies, or plain and simple in lunchboxes! If you’d rather cook up a storm before the week gets busy, you can easily make this zucchini patties recipe earlier in the week. To serve, just warm them through in the oven on a tray covered with aluminium foil.
Ingredients for this zucchini patties recipe
- 5 zucchini grated (drained well)
- 160g halloumi grated
- 2 tsp. sumac
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- 1 egg whisked
- ½ cup self raising flour
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- ½ cup plain flour
How to make this zucchini patties recipe
- Making sure your zucchini is well drained , grate the halloumi and mix them together in a large bowl.
- Add the sumac and chop up your parsley and mint and add them into the bowl. I use scissors to chop them up and straight in.
- Whisk your egg in a separate bowl and then stir into the mix.
- Add in your self raising flour a little at a time until it is all combined.
- Leave the mix to rest and prepare your coating mix easily by just gently stirring together the breadcrumbs and plain flour. I use Panko crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs available in major supermarkets) but you can use any dried breadcrumbs.
- You can use a spoon to make the patties. I use my hands to make them it is easier if you use wet hands so the mix doesn’t stick as much.
- Roll them in the crumb and flour mix before transferring to fry pan. I used spray to cook but you can use oil if you prefer. Turning till they are golden all over.
How did this zucchini patties recipe turn out for you? Share your experience in the comments!