Have you been reviewing your goals lately?
Back in January, I wrote a blog called 50 things I want to achieve in 2013.
It is now the end of June so figured I should review them and see how I am going and then of course set some new goals for the rest of the year.
You can join me if you want? Did you set some goals, or things you want to achieve this year?
This was my 50 things
- Help as many women as possible achieve their goals. I AM ACHIEVING THIS GOAL EVERYDAY AND WILL CONTINUTE TO STRIVE FOR THIS. THIS IS THE SORT OF THING THAT ROCKS MY WORLD!
- Grow my business – IT’S STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS – I HAVE A BIG VISION THAT I WILL ACHIEVE!
- Plan different family activities each week – WE OFTEN VISIT PARKS, HAVE DONE DIFFERENT OUTINGS, BUT I COULD FOCUS MORE ON THIS.
- Go to the beach more with my family – WE DID OVER SUMMER, A FEW TIMES A WEEK – CAN’T WAIT TILL NEXT SUMMER!
- Explore new parks with my daughter – YEP, BUT WE HAVE OUR FAVOURITES NOW!
- Hang more pictures on the walls in my house – ALMOST DONE, JUST A FEW MORE TO ADD!
- Experiment with new healthy recipes – and share them – LOVING THIS! CHECK MY BLOG OUT FOR SOME OF THEM.
- Be injury free in 2013! – SO FAR SO GOOD. TOUCH WOOD…
- Complete the Run for the Kids in March pushing my daughter in the pram – I have signed up, have you?! YEP – DONE.
- Complete Run Melbourne in July – I have signed up, have you? – MMM, PROBABLY WONT HAPPEN, READ PREVIOUS BLOG!
- Complete the Lorne Pier to Pub in 2013 – it’s less than 2 weeks away! – DONE!
- Complete the Portsea Classic Swim in 2013 – it’s about 3 weeks away! – FAIL – HOPEFULLY NEXT YEAR!
- Go to bed earlier – MOST NIGHTS IN BED BY 9PM. IT’S 9.18PM NOW. WHOOPS!
- Have work free nights – at least 2 a week – FOR MOST OF THE YEAR I HAVE, BUSY AT THE MOMENT AND LOVING WHAT I AM DOING, HENCE LATER NIGHTS AND ONLY HAVING 1 NIGHT OFF.
- Read more non health & fitness related books – YEP, READ A FEW!
- Get a babysitter and have a date night with hubby at least once a month – VERY HANDY MY PARENTS HAVE MOVED BACK TO MELBOURNE!
- Take my daughter to the zoo at least twice – DONE – MELBOURNE ZOO X 3, HEALSVILLE X 1. WERRIBEE TO GO!
- Try new outings as a family at least once a month – NEED TO WORK ON THIS ONE.
- Visit my nan more often – NEED TO WORK ON THIS ONE TOO.
- Do less online shopping – FAIL! IT’S JUST TOO EASY… IT DOES HELP THAT I HARDLY EVER SHOP ‘IN REAL LIFE’. ADDICTED TO LULULEMON AT THE MOMENT THOUGH.
- Think about adding to our family – BEEN WORKING ON THIS FOR A WHILE.
- Buy myself some new clothes – non work out ones! OH BOUGHT SOME SKINNY JEANS RECENTLY. AND SOME TOPS. AND SOME WORK GEAR TOO!
- Go for a run at least twice a week – HAD A FEW MONTHS OFF, BUT WHEN I AM ALLOWED, I DO, I LOVE RUNNING!
- Become more confident on my bike – WAS GETTING REALLY GOOD IN SUMMER. GOT A FLAT AND HAVENT BEEN ON SINCE!
- Complete the last 3 triathlons of this series for 2013. DID 2 OUT OF 3!
- Go on a family holiday or 2! Even short getaways – HAVE BEEN TO QLD, PHILLIP ISLAND AND PLANNING ANOTHER HOLIDAY.
- Not to kill my veggies that I planted in my new veggie box! WIN! NOTHING IN THERE AT THE MOMENT THOugh. ALTHOUGH THE BUGS DID GET A FEW THINGS.
- Eat some home grown veggies – CARROTS, BEETS, COS, TOMATO’S, CUCUMBER, HERBS. TICK.
- Toilet train my daughter by the time the cooler weather arrives – FAIL! NEED TO WAIT TILL SHE IS READY.
- Use my Thermomix every day, at least once! – PRETTY MUCH! SOME DAYS MORE THAN ONCE!
- Go on more picnics – WE DID IN THE WARMER WEATHER.
- Go to the movies more – HAVE SEEN A FEW ALREADY THIS YEAR, THAT IS MORE THAN LAST YEAR! HAVE A FEW ON MY LIST TO COME.
- Have a sleep in till 7am every once in a while! – DOES 6.45AM COUNT?
- Swim more! – NEED TO DO MORE OF THIS.
- Go for more walks along the beach – DID IN SUMMER! AND HAVE DONE A FEW IN THE COOLER MONTHS!
- Make the most of daylight saving – TICK!
- Move my daughter into a big girl bed (but really in no rush!) – STILL HAVEN’T! I HAVE BOUGHT IT, BUT SHE LOVES HER COT SO MUCH.
- Try kite surfing – MAYBE THIS SUMMER?!
- Organise a Stand Up Paddle boarding group lesson for anyone that wants to try it – THIS SUMMER!
- Go skiing during winter – FINGERS CROSSED!! I HAVE PUT THE HINTS OUT THERE TO HUBBY!
- Have more BBQ’s with friends at our house – HAVE DONE A FEW!
- Skype my sister more, who lives in Paris – YEP, TICK!
- See my Godson’s at least once (they both live interstate) TICK!!
- No work Sunday’s! – ONLY SOMETIMES!
- Spend more time with my parents – I CAN NOW THAT THEY LIVE HERE
- Work out ways to better market and communicate my business – to help more people get fit and healthy – THIS IS SOMETHING I AM DOING AT THE MOMENT AND LOTS OF EXCITING THINGS TO COME!
- Get more exposure in more magazines, on blogs and newspapers etc – WIN! MOUTHS OF MUMS, CLEO… JUST TO NAME A FEW!
- Go global with Mummy Bootcamp @ Home – UK AND OZ – AND LOTS OF EXCITING THINGS TO COME!
- Look back on this list regularly and make sure I am ticking things off the list – HERE I AM!!
- More day trips – down the coast, Healsville etc – DONE A FEW, NEED TO WORK ON THIS MORE!
So there you have it! I am doing pretty well, considering I have 6 months to go, maybe I should add some more things I want to achieve:
- I want to write more eBooks and even write an amazon best seller
- I want to have more people sign up to my weekly newsletter and to my blog
- Get more BSF locations set up
- I want to increase the number of people at classes
- I want to sell more online bootcamps, so that I can get my message out to more people and help more people achieve their goals!
- More family time, more holidays and relaxing time!
Overall, I want to empower women to lose weight, tone up, boost their confidence and be the fittest, healthiest and most energetic women they can be.
What are your goals for the rest of 2013?
One way you can look at it, and set up your goal setting is to have 3 separate columns on a page:
Be – Answer the question – ‘I want to be’
Do – Answer the question – ‘I want to do’
Have – Answer the question – ‘I want to have’
Give yourself a 6 month time frame and AIM HIGH!
Be – I want to be a good mum, I want to be an Amazon Best Selling eBook author
Do – I want to do the 1000 steps, I want to go on a beach holiday
Have – I want to have more Lululemon gear (I now have a bit of an addiction!), I want to have monthly pedicures, I want to have a bigger pantry!
You can add as many things as you want to each one – the more the better, the bigger the better!
Give it a go, it’s actually really fun. And once its written down, you feel more motivated to achieve them! It feels great to tick things off!
Share you goals in the comments section.