How cute are these decorations? I just love these hand print Santa Claus’ and they would make an adorable present for Grandparents this Christmas.
For the dough:
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- String to hang
- Mix dough ingredients together in a bowl, once combined knead it until it forms a dough.
- Roll out dough, until it is evenly about 1cm thick.
- Press your child’s hand into the dough to make the hand print.
- Cut out around the hand print, leaving a 1/2 cm gap at least around the print. (Roll out spare dough again and repeat if you are making more, depending on the size of your child’s hand you may be able to make 3 or 4 out of each dough mix.)
- Make a hole for string so that you will be able to hang up your ornament.
- Place ornament on a baking tray and cook for 2 hours at 120 degrees turning it over every half an hour.
- Leave overnight and then paint the Santa design.
- When the paint is dry spray it with a clear sealer.
- Your decoration is ready to hang on your tree or give as a present.
Watch the YouTube video for easy to follow visual instructions:
What Christmas craft are you doing with the kids this year?
PLEASE share with us in the comments below
Image credit: YouTubeWe may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.