This is a game-changer! Finding those elusive Aldi Special Buys is a challenge – they may sell out in minutes in one store and hang around for weeks in others. But now there’s a new secret feature that will reveal where you can find those weekly specials.
A few weeks ago, Aldi posted a video on their youtube channel about their Special Buys chat bot. This is basically an intelligent ‘bot’ that can give you the lowdown on where you can find stock of every Special Buy deal.
It’s super easy to use and we can’t believe the supermarket isn’t shouting about this technology from the rooftops – it’s seriously awesome.
How To Find Those Aldi Special Buys
1) All you need to do is get onto the Aldi Australia Facebook page, click on the Send Message button and type the words “Get Started” in the chat box.
2) You’ll then get an automated welcome message and you’ll need to select the Stock Availability button. You’ll then get the following message: “Which date would you like to see Special Buys for?”
3) You’ll then need to select the date of the special buy you are after. Next, you need to choose the category of the special buy – example, ‘TV & entertainment’ ; ‘household items’ ; ‘gardening’. You can then scroll through each of the Special Buys in that category and pick which one you want by clicking on ‘Stock Availability’ for that specific item.
4) The bot will then reply back: ‘Please let me know your postcode and I’ll find out if there are any in stock at the nearest store.’
5) You just need to pop in your postcode and hey presto, your new Aldi best mate will give you the name of your closest Aldi store (within 20km radius) which still has stock of the item you most desire.
Designed To Save You Time And Frustration
On the budget supermarket’s website, it has hidden “Check Stock Availability” section saying:
“It’s easier than ever to find your dream Special Buy. We want to save you time. That’s why we’ve created a chatbot that checks Special Buys stock availability.”
It’s Not Perfect
The only hitch is that these stock levels do not reflect real-time stock levels and are based on data from close of business the previous night.
So you would obviously need to visit the store for the most up-to-date availability. But at least you know that there’s a good chance that you will find your item there.
We’ve tested this out with a few items and we were super impressed how effective this is. This really is going to make the hunt for Aldi Special Buys so much easier.
Do you struggle to find Aldi Special Buys? Will you be using this new feature to locate special buys? Tell us in the comments below.