Shannon Ponton – Personal trainer and fitness guru on Biggest Loser, is also a down to earth dad of two – Max and Milla.
Shannon recently shared a nasty experience that his five year old son endured whilst on holidays in Bali. He shared his story to prevent other parents making the same mistake and kids suffering the same thing his son Max did.
But of course the triple P “perfect parent police” are once again out in force attacking those parents that dare to share an innocent mistake.
He shared the below image on his FB page along with the warning, “When your son begs you for a henna tattoo in Bali!!
I’d heard the horror stories but dismissed them as urban myths. Here’s Max’s blistered and burned arm 5 days after application. The answer will forever be NO!”
And let the judgement begin…. His post has attracted nearly 2000 reactions and over 650 comments.
Comments include –
– “You get what you get if you are silly enough to get stuff like this in Bali.”
– “Sorry Shannon, but as a highly intelligent business man and a dad, you really should have known better.”
– “Modern parents need to remember they are parents with children, not showpieces, and learn that saying ‘no’ and sticking to it despite childish protests is the ‘right thing to do'”
– “Most definitely NO. BUT it is a good thing to show what can happen if you did decide to have something done.”
– “Why anyone would want to disfigure themselves is beyond me, the answer should always be NO.”
– “Oohh geez parent fail. This is so bad poor lil kid, hope this won’t scar?! Good warning to all.. Let your kids get sad they can’t get henna!!”
Meanwhile some kind followers did defend Shannan saying,
– “I think Shannan Ponton has been incredibly brave to post this. He would have to have known he was going to have people say he was a bad parent for letting his son get the tattoo but yet he still posted to be a warning to others.
– “Who doesnt want to make their kids happy and I’m sure he thought there was no risk. Obviously in hindsight saying yes was a mistake and I’m sure Shannan is furious with himself for it. He doesn’t need criticism on here.”
– “No you haven’t let him down and don’t feel bad. You are a good parent. We all make mistakes everyone of us. I’m sure other parents will feel better coz they have done the same.”
– “Don’t beat yourself up mate. Hindsight is a marvellous thing but I have yet to meet anyone with it. You weren’t to know the aftermath. You just wanted to make your boy happy. I would have done the same.”
– “Omg all you perfect parents out there he would be feeling bad enough already. I’m so sorry this has happened to your boy Shannan don’t feel bad for trying to do something nice for your boy. We have all made mistakes in our life even these “Perfect” parents. Lots of cuddles for your boy.”
Why do people always have to show their true colours behind a computer screen? Helpful advice is always welcome, but what do the snide remarks achieve?
Share your comments below.Learn more.