“When it comes to parenting an almost-teenage boy, you deserve to know these silly and serious truths”
Are your family’s hands as clean as they could be? APPLY TO REVIEW Dettol Liquid Hand Wash here
Tweens and teens can be hard work. Remember that threenager you battled with? They’ve got nothing on the tweenager stage!
This post on Babble is the bomb! “36 things no one tells you about parenting an almost-teenage boy”
I picked out my favourite ones to share:
- You’ll have to beg them to wash their face. More like beg them to shower, at all!
- Bigger kids = bigger problems. Much. Much. BIGGER.
- You’ll need to hide food or risk going hungry. Snap!
- They’ll need you and sometimes resent you for it. Story of my life.
- They’re good for labour and brute strength. Massive bonus.
- They won’t tell you when they’re hurting and it’ll both hurt and scare you. I hate this part.
- You can’t fix everything anymore. Although you still try til it kills you.
- They won’t need you when you think they will and will need you when you think they probably shouldn’t. What is with that dude?
- They’re smart enough to be dangerous …
- … and just dumb enough to be really dangerous. OH YEAH!
- You’ll blame yourself for every foolish mistake your kid makes. And they’ll know it. And maybe even work it to their advantage. Smarty pants
- Their manners will become very important to you. And drive you mental!
- You’ll get weird glimpses of the man they’ll soon become.
- You’ll get weird glimpses of the child they once were. and miss that tiny baby soooo bad.
- They’re great fun to talk to when they feel like talking. Treasure those rare moments.
The most important ones….
- They’re going to be fine. No, really.
- You’re doing an awesome job. NO, REALLY.
Read the full list here.
Does any of this ring true to you?!We may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.