The health supplement market is massive. You only have to head into the pharmacy and check out the aisles packed with a variety of different minerals, vitamins, health-packed capsules, syrups and tablets. And now Aldi is keen to grab a slice of this lucrative pie and has just launched their own discounted vitamin range.
The new range of Essential Health supplements arrived in store on 1 June and are priced from just $9.99.
These new products are now part of a permanent everyday range at Aldi and not just sporadic Special Buys. They are also stamped with the ISURA Seal of Approval for quality. The ISURA is an independent organisation that tests health products and provides certifications to encourage accountability in the health industry and to ensure that consumers can make informed choices.
A Variety Of Vitamins
The Aldi vitamin range includes seven different supplements including a multivitamin especially for women and one formulated for men, Vitamin C, fish oil and Vitamin B. Vitamins are generally not cheap, especially if you need to buy them regularly but the Aldi versions all come with an easily digestible price tag.
The Essential Health Range includes:
- Activated B Complex (60 pack, $12.99) – replenishes nutrients after activity and helps to relieve symptoms of stress.
- Triple Strength Fish Oil Mini Caps (60 pack, $12.99) – helps to maintain healthy cholesterol and heart health.
- Vitamin C 1000mg (60 pack, $9.99) – gives that extra boost through winter and reduces cold symptoms.
- Women’s Multivitamin (60 pack, $9.99) – helps to boost energy levels and general wellbeing.
- Men’s Multivitamin High Potency (60 pack, $9.99) – supports a healthy immune system and general wellbeing.
- CoQ10 150mg (60 pack, $14.99) – supports cardiovascular health.
- Glucosamine (60 pack, $9.99) – supports joint health and helps to relieve symptoms of aches and pains.
“We’re proud to be offering quality dietary supplements at such great prices, making them accessible to more Australians,” ALDI buying director Aaron Nolan said.
“These products were developed with care in partnership with a sustainable manufacturer, so shoppers can feel confident when selecting their daily Essential Health vitamin.”
But Are They Really Cheaper?
We know that Aldi’s prices often beat the competition. But we’re keen to find out whether the Aldi Vitamin range is actually any cheaper.
Finder did a snap comparison between the Aldi’s Essential Health range and similar products at Chemist Warehouse.
The Aldi Vitamin C has 60 tablets (at 1000mg) for $9.99.
There were many options at the pharmacy but the cheapest, most similar product, is Cenovis Mega C Vitamin C 1000mg – 60 tablets. The RRP for this Vitamin is $11.49 BUT Chemist Warehouse is actually selling it for $7.99 and you can also grab it online for $8.99. So while the Aldi vitamin prices are certainly competitive, we can’t say outright that they are the cheapest. BUT it’s still convenient to pick up a bottle of well-priced vitamins at the same time as buying your bread and milk.
Are you Yay or Nay about Aldi’s new vitamin range? Would you be keen to buy these? Tell us in the comments below.