Have you ever thought about training with a buddy, or your partner, or joining some group training sessions? If not, you should, it can be REALLY beneficial. Below are a few things that might sway you…
- Motivation is the key one. You are more likely to get out of bed and train, if you know someone is there waiting for you! You will be letting someone else down, not just yourself if you don’t turn up!
- If you train with a friend, you can always try something different – eg 1 day you choose the exercise (ie a jog), the next session your training buddy can choose something (ie swim), go to a fitness class together – keep it interesting. Always doing something different is a great way to challenge your body as well.
- Motivation & encouragement to push each other to achieve the results you want to achieve
- Motivation to push each other at each session – they will make you train harder
- Competition – there is nothing wrong with a bit of friendly competitive spirit between training partners! You always train harder when you train with someone else – you get that extra push!
- It’s harder to make excuses when it’s not just you!
Make sure you choose your training partner carefully…
- You need to find someone with the same goals as you. Someone who is available at the same time to train – eg Morning, lunchtime or evening training.
- You need to find a training partner that will push you when exercising, but then you will also need to push them.
- You also want to have a training partner that will encourage you to eat healthy and will make sure you turn up to your training sessions.
- You want a training partner that will be committed for the long term, not just a couple of weeks. Eating healthy and exercising is a life style change, not just a fad!