It’s perfect soup weather here today and this chicken and vegetable soup is in my slow cooker.
This soup is perfect to keep the Winter bugs away or make you feel better when you’re sick. It’s easy to make in your slow cooker and also delicious so I had to share it with you.
- 500g chicken breast
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup chopped broccoli (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- additional salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- parsley for garnish (optional)
- In slow cooker add all the soup ingredients, except for the additional salt/pepper to taste and parsley. Gently mix together all the ingredients to make everything combine well.
- Place lid on and cook the soup on low for 7 hours or 4 hours on high.
- Once cooked, shred the chicken with two forks and stir the soup to mix the chicken evenly throughout the soup.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and parsley.
This is a popular and easy dinner in my house especially as the weather gets chilly. Try it, you won’t be disappointed.
What’s your favourite soup? Please add your comment below.
Image source: PinterestWe may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.