People are outraged over last nights challenge that saw Shane Crawford risk his life numerous times.
If you are a fan of “I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here” you would have watched the challenge last night were Shane Crawford had to hold his breath and dive for stars to feed the camp.
Facebook page “Shallow Water Blackout Prevention Australia” who raise awareness of the dangers of shallow water blackout due to long or continuous breath holding in water, shared a post to warn the public how dangerous this challenge was.
“Please DO NOT allow any swimmer to ever try what was aired tonight on #ImACelebrityAU.
Submitting your rating…
“Continuous, repetitive breath holding, combined with water of this exact nature, can result in sudden blackout, without warning to the breath holder and result in a very fast and silent death due to drowning.
“Yes, Dr Chris Brown did highlight it was a real risk, but this should never have been aired with families/children watching it without a true reason of the risks associated.
“Not only can hyperventilating cause the issue, but so can the continuous and repetitive nature that was displayed.
“Please note: competent swimmers are at real risk of drowning, from a sudden Shallow Water Blackout if you try this.
“Please educate yourself and your loved ones, if you watched this tonight.”
People have commented that it should never have been allowed to go ahead despite Dr Chris frequently warning of the danger.
– One comment read, “There should have been a warning before the start of the challenge. Yes Dr Brown did mention SWB but their should’ve been an explanation !!”
– Another added, “I felt sick last night watching it. Knowing a young boy ( Jack) that was taken from his family at such a young age
and has left that family grieving and without their gorgeous boy, I was horrified to see this on prime TV with an audience that may not fully understand the consequences. Should not have been one of the games.”
– “I was stunned they did this and even commented that it could lead to shallow water black out?!?! Umm then why are you risking it… very stupid.”
– “Very irresponsible! It’s one thing to have all the safety equipment they use for the things they do but this is completely different situation! Dr Chris briefly mentioning possibility of SWB isn’t raising awareness when there is no follow up explanation or warning attached!”
On the I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here Australia Facebook page fans also shared their horror at the challenge.
– “Absolutely ridiculous trial! Way too dangerous to a persons health … what if he had a heart attack or panic attack! I love the show but that was just stupid!”
– “Channel 10 you should be disgusted in yourself letting someone do that. That trial was so dangerous and honestly I think that could have lasting affects on poor Shane. ”
– “I could not watch that. As a learn to swim coordinator I educate the public on shallow water blackout and how important it is not to do breath holding activities. I’m the biggest fan of your show but definitely didn’t like that challenge.”
– “I am stopping my family from watching thiis show after this challenge it is just one stupid dangerous thing after another we are trying to stop this breath holding. What are the producers thinking? This is not at all funny or entertaining”
Share your comments below