Mother sells clever baby onesie after having to revive her choking infant daughter in near-fatal incident
Stevie Skene shares how she suffered every parent’s worst nightmare when her eight-month-old daughter choked on a faulty part of a baby walker.
The Sydney mother thankfully knew how to perform CPR and was able to dislodge the object, and after ‘what felt like forever’, revive her.
The near-fatal incident three years ago gave her a deep desire to help other parents understand the basics of resuscitation.
Submitting your rating…
‘We found someone in the UK who had created these CPR onesies for babies and I really wanted to bring them to Australia,’ she told FEMAIL.
The onesies, which she now sells on her website Homies & Co, provide succinct instructions on how to administer CPR to your child – and it’s helpfully written inside the clothes.
The words encourage parents to firstly ‘call an ambulance’, before giving five puffs over the nose and mouth, 30 hard pumps to the centre of the chest using two fingers, and then alternating between two puffs and 30 pumps.
‘We hope our onesies can provide piece of mind and education for parents as well as comfortability for babies,’ she said.
‘It’s not only something that can be at your fingertips in an emergency situation but something that parents can read and be reminded of every time they’re dressing their baby.’
When Mrs Skene posted about the product in a Facebook group it immediately attracted a positive reaction.
‘If it even helps one parent my job would be done. We hope in the future to take money from each sale to donate to a charity helping women with post-natal depression as well,’ Mrs Skene added.
What an awesome idea!
Share your comments below