The awkwardness of being so big, the weariness of hauling someone around inside you, an incessant need to pee, heartburn, constipation, headaches, back aches and pains in just about every other part of you…. is there really anything to miss about being pregnant?
Even if you had every single one of these ailments (poor you!) and didn’t enjoy being pregnant, believe it or not, once you’re not expecting there are certain things that you will miss. It’s true!
Here are five more things that I miss about being pregnant…
1. The Glow – All that extra blood circulating in your system gives you a radiance that can’t be replicated by cosmetic products, surgical procedures or even love! Enjoy every minute of being complimented about how gorgeously glowing you are. You might be carrying 20 more kilos but the love and happiness about it is just pouring out of you.
2. Body confidence – What is it that’s so empowering about carrying a baby? Your body is doing exactly what it is designed to do and it knows it. Those admiring glances and the caring attention from family, friends and pregnancy carers empowers you to not only carry bub but also gives you a head start to having the confidence to be a great mum.
3. The anticipation – I don’t know about you, but as a grown-up, there are very few things that give me butterflies in the tummy feelings of excitement that were so frequent as a child. But being pregnant sure is one of them. Thinking about what kind of little person you’re carrying, their future and your family life together is a rich source of daydreaming that starts with the long awaited day that you finally get to meet your bub.
4. The love – That special mother love for your children starts during their gestation. Fierce, unconditional and life-binding, this love is stronger than any other. It’s the kind of love where you would selflessly sacrifice your self for your child.
5. Smiles from strangers – These might come from women or men, but either way if they have been through it before and empathise with you, people share their feelings through their smiles and their eyes. Those incredible pregnancy hormones circulating through your body make you feel as though everybody loves you. Ain’t the world and all her inhabitants beautiful?
How about you? What do you miss about bearing a bump?
For more things to miss when the big day is over, visit http://pregnancypanache.com.au/things-to-miss-about-being-pregnant-part-1/We may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.