When it comes to kids, this is the magic number… for stress.
Mothers of three children stress more than mums of one or two.
Surprisingly mothers of four or more children actually report lower stress levels, according to a study by TODAYMoms.com survey of more than 7,000 U.S. mothers released on Monday.
- 46 percent of mums say their husbands/partners cause them more stress than their kids do.
- 72 percent of mums stress about how stressed they are.
- Biggest cause of stress: 60 percent say it’s lack of time to do everything that needs to get done.
- 60 percent of mums say raising girls is more stressful than raising boys.
- Nine out of 10 mums stress about staying fit and attractive.
Dr. Janet Taylor, a psychiatrist in New York and TODAY contributor, said mum stress is a problem she sees daily in her practice.
Submitting your rating…
“Mums are acutely aware of the fact they do not have the time to take care of their own needs,” Taylor said. Forget reading a book, exercising or fun hobbies: Some mums barely have time to shower.
“Before you’re a mum, you take that for granted,” Taylor said. “When you are a mum you just don’t have the time.”
She laughed when she heard that having four or more kids was less stressful than three. Also a mother of four, including a set of twins – Dr Taylor agrees with the survey findings.
Do you agree with these results?
Share your comments below