If you’re venturing out on Halloween with your family, it’s easy to create unique, themed costumes.
With the fun Halloween makeup ideas below, you can all look great and be coordinated with each other:
1. The Addams Family
The Addams Family is made up of classic Halloween characters, and they’re so well known that it’s easy to recreate easily recognisable looks with simple makeup techniques.
- Start with mineral primer to help the makeup stay in place.
- Next, apply a liquid mineral foundation in the lightest shade you can find all over the face, making sure to blend well.
- Next, customise each Addams family character according to their look.
- Morticia needs black eyeliner, smoky eyeshadow, and dark red lips.
- Gomez simply needs a little eyebrow liner on his brows and mustache.
- Fester will need a dark cream eye makeup blended into his eye sockets.
- Pugsley and Wednesday need very little makeup beyond the pale foundation. You can add a little dark lip gloss or lipstick for Wednesday if you choose to do so.
2. Scarecrow Family
You can easily create a matching scarecrow look for the entire family with some simple techniques.
To create the look, you’ll need orange and black cream makeup such as cream eyeshadow or Halloween makeup, and some black and red lipsticks.
- First, apply foundation or costume makeup all over the face.
- Next, apply red lipstick to the center of the lips.
- Then, draw a curved line from the corners of the lips using the black cream makeup and an eyeliner brush.
- Next, draw vertical lines across the black curved line to make a cross hatch pattern like a scarecrow’s mouth.
- Then, draw a black triangle on the nose using the cream makeup, and fill in with the orange makeup.
- Blend the two together slightly where they meet.
- Draw three lines extending from the outer corners of the eyes to look like stitched scarecrow eyes.
- Then, draw a line just below your natural laugh line.
- Finally, blend a black eyeshadow around the contours of the eyes, and add fake eyelashes if desired.
Match this makeup with a checked shirt and straw hat to complete the look.
3. Comic Book Family
Your family can dress up as a group of comic book characters with some simple makeup. To create this look, you’ll need a white eyeliner pencil, black liquid eyeliner, red lipstick, foundation, concealer, and bronzer.
- First, put on foundation and blend evenly.
- Next, fill in the eyebrows a little darker than their normal colour, and sweep some bronzer above each jawbone.
- Apply thick, black eyeliner.
- Using white eyeliner, dab small circles all over the face. Make sure to do so randomly, so you don’t form any columns or rows.
- Next, draw a smooth line along the jawbone, the inner corner of your ear, down the bridge of your nose, and along the crescent shape on the side of your nose.
- Apply bright lipstick and outline your lips with black eyeliner.
Complete this look for each member of your family. You can also draw action and text bubbles on the chest with brightly coloured costume makeup to complete the look.
Keep these ideas in mind when your family is venturing out this Halloween, and you’ll be sure to be a hit. Whether you’re looking for scary or cute costumes, you can create the one that suits your family.
What are you and your kids dressing up like this Halloween? Please share your ideas with us.