I love seeing Mum’s get pampered more than anything because their role in life is such a giving and sometimes thankless one!
I often marvel at the thought of how many meals my own Mother must have cooked up during my life as a child.
How many breakfasts, snacks, lunches, more snacks and dinners did she actually produce over the first 18 years of my life! Millions!
In food preparation alone, if you allow for 3 meals per day over 365 days per year and hence 18 years, that equals 19,710 meals you have cooked for your child once they reach 18.
Now you might say that you cook less meals for them once they hit teen years, but if you think of a baby – they need more than three meals per day, they constantly snack, so let’s just go with the 19,000 odd meals statistic!
If you spent on average 20 minutes per meal for 19,710 meals, that equates to 394, 200 minutes 6,570 hours, 273.75 days, 39.1 weeks.
That is 9.3 months of your time JUST cooking for 1 child over 18 years. Wowzers!!!!
This statistic alone should be enough to urge you to get pampered right now!
There are loads of ways to be pampered and to refill your energy stores, but I am a big believer that sessions for your Soul are the greatest way to refresh energy stores and revitalise Mind and Body.
Here are my top 5 suggestions for spiritually pampering a Mum in today’s world:
- Get an energy healing and inspired reading to really work on the deep layers of the mind and body. This resets your energy levels and gives some guidance about what is coming up over the next 12 months. Find a place locally and book it in.
- Go on a Spiritual retreat for a week. Try Camp Eden which is on the border of NSW and QLD, located in the Currumbin valley. I love this place and it’s a perfect mix of fun, health and spa treatments.
- Get some inspired books to nourish the soul such as “Wisdom of the Enneagram” by Don Riso and Truss Hudson or Soul Lessons by Sonia Choquette
- Get some great oracle cards for wise messages to do daily – I also like Sonia’s cards ‘Ask your Guides’ as they are practical and blissful.
- Try a cool meditation CD or buy some blissed out new age music. My favourite artist for music is Karunesh – try his CD ‘Call of the Mystic’ which you can buy on itunes.
We have new meditation music coming out for busy minds – so stay in touch at Rezinate.