In sad news a toddler has died after he got his neck stuck in a automatic car window.

Drew and Lisa Vanderkleed’s world fell apart in the most unexpected way when their two-year-old son, Logan, got his neck stuck in their automatic car window.

Sadly, on Thursday, after several days in hospital their toddler passed away.

Logan had been asleep in the car, which was parked on the family’s farm in Indiana, where Drew was working with his dad.

He chose to leave his sleeping child in the car with the air conditioning on, approximately 10 metres away from him.

But the father-of-two told CNN, when he looked over he saw the toddler awake and his head hanging out of the car.

“We are assuming he stuck his head out to look for daddy or tell daddy something and maybe his knee or foot hit the button on the door and he freaked out and couldn’t reach it or figure out how to unroll it,” Lisa wrote on Facebook.

“Therefore when my husband looked over to check on the kids as he had continually done, they were fine until the last time when my husband turned and saw our son with his head stuck in the almost completely rolled-up window.

“Even with them right there, accidents happen quickly.”

Our thoughts are with the family. Such a terrible tragedy.

RIP little man.

Share your comments below.

We may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.
  • That poor dad. He was doing everything right. Tragic accident
    RIP little man. Love and hugs for the family


  • Oh that is so sad and tragic. That poor father, he would be blaming himself even though it was just an accident.


  • oh no! that is unbelievable! i couldn’t imagine the horror! wow there’s another thing to be cautious about! poor child! his poor parents! i wish that i had never had to have read this happening.


  • I know a Dad who refused to have automatic locking doors and windows. He had an autop-electrical problem and they re-set it. The original problem was not fixed either. When he complained about they tried to tell him it was the law. He had made enquires elsewhere and found it is was not a requirement at all. He told them what he had been told and that he was checking the car and wouldn’t be paying the bill unless that part was disconnected. He was not having his children trapped in a car in an accident because of it. He had attended accidents where they had to jemmy the door open and it took far too long to do so because the chassis was twisted and the door frame was partially crushed. The next time they didn’t wait for jaws of life equipment to arrive, they used another method and started emergency first aid.


  • Wow what a terrible tragedy- those poor parents!


  • Every sympathy. How awful


  • This is so tragic and heartbreaking and the family must be in the most unbelievable grief. The poor dad. Every sympathy.


  • Awful, how tragic is this !!
    My thoughts and prayers go out to the family, bless them !


  • How awful. Just heartbreaking this sort of thing.


  • My heart goes out to the parents, a very sad and fatal accident to happen.


  • Such a terrible tragedy.
    RIP SWEET Logan.


  • What an awful accident. Not something easy to foresee.


  • Such a tragedy, R.I.P. little one


  • That’s so sad. Car manufacturers need to improve the safety of electric windows. I know toyota have a lock so only the driver can operate them and I had a car that was manual in the back and electric in the front.


  • Horrendous! And the father was so close by. :-(


Post a comment
Add a photo
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like


Looks like this may be blocked by your browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating