Here is a chocolate cake with hidden veggies that the kids will NEVER know are there!
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
For the ganache:
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- In another bowl, combine melted butter, sugar, sour cream, vanilla, egg and egg yolk until smooth. Pour wet ingredients over dry and stir until combined, then fold in chocolate chips and pumpkin puree.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and bake for an hour. Let it cool.
- Make ganache: In a saucepan heat cream just until it bubbles. Pour cream over chocolate chips and let stand 2 minutes then whisk until smooth.
- Pour ganache over pumpkin bread and serve.
My kids love this – don’t waste any time; bake it today!
Do you ever add veggies in your sweet treats?
SHARE with us in the comments below
Image credit: Shutterstock