Hello!

11 Comments

Doctor shares video to warn parents after young boy swallows party whistle.

The video shows the Argentinian schoolboy honking with each breath after he swallowed part of a party horn.

His doctor, Gomez Zuviria, released the video of the boy as a warning to parents about watching what children put in their mouths.

Reportedly the video was recorded in a hospital emergency room in the northwestern Argentine province of Tucuman.

Tried This? RATE IT Now…

Oates Grout Brush product image for MoM Rate It Listing
Oates Grout Brush

Submitting your rating…

After capturing the video, the doctor then had to remove the object surgically.

A picture shows the tiny white plastic whistle that had become lodged in his windpipe.

honk

I always think I am just being a paranoid mother when I keep nagging my eight year old to STOP putting things in his mouth incase he accidentally swallows it and chokes. I think I might just keep nagging now though!

It can happen so easily!

 Share your comments below

  • Very lucky little boy – you can’t ever be vigilant enough around children. They do things so quickly that can harm them.

    Reply

  • wow lucky he was alright and could still breath. be vigilant with your kids!

    Reply

  • My 7year old has at the moment the habit to put small things in the mouth and I don’t like it at all ! Objects can get stuck which can have fatal consequences.
    Will show her this video.

    Reply

  • I never even considered a party whistle as being a problem?? We have them in party bags all the time. I’ll be watching my kids a bit more closely with them in the future.

    Reply

  • Better to be a nag than a grieving parent.

    Reply

  • Children do put toys and other objects in their mouths – these things do happen and can be quite scary and even life threatening.

    Reply

  • wow that would have been extremely scary :( I don’t like them anyway, I will make sure to watch my girls if they come into contact with one!

    Reply

  • I have always hated them for that reason, have been so paranoid of them choking on it whilst running around or inhaling!

    Reply

  • Oh my! Scary. And not just for kids but for our pets too!

    Reply

  • You just never know,thanks for the warning!

    Reply

  • I am such a nagger about not putting things in your mouth.

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join