Here are the top exercises to avoid when pregnant:
- Contact sports or activities where you are more likely to fall over.
- Be careful lifting any weights over your head, especially if you tend to get light headed or dizzy.
- After about 14 weeks, it is not recommended to do any exercises on your back. The weight of the baby can slow the return of blood to your heart.
- Abdominal exercises – crunches, sit ups etc can be ineffective during pregnancy and may make the condition known as diastasis recti abdominis (a painless splitting of the abdominal muscle at the midline) worse.
- I would also minimise any high impact/jumping exercises. Instead keep them low impact!