Have you been asking your child everyday “how was school?” and getting the response “good” or “can’t remember”?
Here are ten great questions to ask your child which will get them talking and give you more insight into their day.
- What was the best and worst part of your day?
- What did you do in Science today (art, music etc.)?
- What subject did you enjoy the most today? Why?
- Who made you smile today?
- What was the funniest thing that happened today?
- Did you find anything hard today?
- What games did you play at lunch/recess?
- What did you learn today?
- What’s the nicest thing you did for someone today?
- What are looking forward to tomorrow?
All of these questions are great conversation starters to help give you more information about your child’s day. Don’t ask every question everyday, just pick one or two and make sure you lead by example and get them to ask you questions too.
A cute little way to get the family involved is to place all of the above questions into a box and ask everyone to pick one or two at dinner time, they then get to share the answer with everyone.
How do you get your kids sharing? Any tips? SHARE with us in the comments below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com