The Spring school holidays are almost here and the kids will want to get out and about. Here are 5 great things to do with the kids in Adelaide.
- Sport: FREE school holiday sport; children can chose from: athletics, surf life saving, tenpin bowling, karate, baseball, tennis, dragon boating, bicycle racing, cricket, calisthenics, hockey, rugby union, dancing, canoeing, croquet, Ready Steady Go Kids, Scouts, fencing, gymnastics, AFL, netball, basketball and golf! Suits children 2-17 years. On 3-14 October.
- Trucks: Do your kids love trucks? Get along to Civic Park Modbury on Friday 15th October 10am-3pm to see and touch every vehicle you can imagine! There will also be FREE jumping castle and face painting for the kids. Entry is FREE.
- Chocolate: Take a tour of the Haigh’s chocolate factory in Parkside and learn about how chocolate is made. Tours are FREE and run Monday to Saturday from 9am.
- Botanic gardens: The botanic gardens of South Australia have a wonderful school holiday program with many hands on learning events. Prices vary per event, some are FREE.
- Steam train: Spring is the perfect time to take a trip on a steam train with the kids. The train runs between 11-4pm daily and tickets start at $5.
Spring is a also a great time to get out and enough your local parks and don’t forget to check out your local library and shopping centre for more fun school holiday activities for the kids.
What’s on your list to do this school holidays?
SHARE with us in the comments below
Image credit: Shutterstock