The Spring school holidays are almost here and the kids will want to get out and about. Here are 5 great things to do with the kids in Melbourne.
- Royal Melbourne Show: The annual Melbourne show is back at Flemington Race course. For a fun day out with the kids filled with animals, rides, food, games and lots more, the show is always lots of fun. Tickets start at $19 for kids, buy your tickets online before the holidays and receive 20% off. Show is on 17-27 September.
- Kids film festival: ACMI at Federation Square is hosting a Disneynature festival showcasing the animals which have starred in Disney movies. There are 5 movies to see and tickets are only $7.
- Ranger for a day: Celebrate Spring in the parks and learn with the park ranger all about reptiles. Session is FREE, runs 10am-12noon 19-23 September. Suitable for children aged 5-10 years.
- Visit Federation Square: In the holidays Federation Square will be filled with giant sized games for the kids to play, creative workshops and lots more. Prices vary per activity, many are FREE.
- Puffing Billy: Spring is the perfect time to take a trip on Puffing Billy. The train leaves 4 times a day from Belgrave and tickets start at $28 return.
Don’t forget to check out your local library and shopping centre for more fun school holiday activities for the kids.
What’s on your list to do this school holidays?
SHARE with us in the comments below
Image credit: Neale Cousland / Shutterstock.com