Hello!

11 Comments

A-mother-of-three claims she almost died after suffering an allergic reaction to latex balloons released at Adele’s Adelaide concert.

Pooja Newman was at the concert on Monday night when hundreds of giant balloons were dropped into the crowd.

The balloons were covered with latex powder which sent Ms Newman into anaphylactic shock, she told 7 News.

‘I felt my lips swelling and couldn’t breathe, I knew I was in trouble,’ she said.

Ms Newman was rushed to Royal Adelaide Hospital. She is still recovering in ICU.

Her family said she had to wait over half an hour for an ambulance.

‘It took forever and we could have lost her,’ her sister said.

The family have requested the gig promoter re-think the use of latex for future events.

DO you or someone you know suffer a latex allergy? Are you really cautious at public events?

Share your comments below.

Image via 7 News

  • wow! at least advise that there is latex at the event, so people are aware of this before they purchase a ticket

    Reply

  • Seriously?! Yet another case of the minority wanting something stopped, affecting the majority

    Reply

  • That is a bad reaction to latex. I know some one also allergic to latex but not as bad just rashes and itchy skin.

    Reply

  • how scary for her, glad she is recovering

    Reply

  • Scary !! Glad she’s ok. So many allergic reactions are possible. We’ve to be mindful as producers and consumers now a days.

    Reply

  • Wondering if this lady actually knew she was allergic to latex? Any how do hope she now carries an EpiPen and she is recovering well.
    This is a very good warning for event organisers to make sure their items are safe and pose no health concerns.

    Reply

  • I do know people with a latex allergy and they have to be very mindful of products. This episode will raise awareness.

    Reply

  • Never heard of a latex allergy before – just shows how careful everyone must be these days.

    Reply

  • They should have Paramedics at public events in case of medical emergencies, especially outdoor ones.

    Reply

  • Wow, allergic reactions to latex is not something we often think of. I’m glad this lady is okay.

    Reply

  • So glad to hear she is now okay,it could have been alot worse!

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join