Great for colour sorting learning, sensory play, helping to develop their fine motor skills, or craft – these coloured pasta shapes are simple to do, and provide hours of fun & learning.
- Pasta in different shapes and sizes
- Food colour gels/dye in different colours
- Hand sanitizer gel OR White vinegar
- Baking trays lined with paper towel
- Zip lock bags
- Place 1 cup whatever type of pasta you wish to use into a zip lock bag. Repeat for however many colours/types of pasta you wish to use.
- Put in EITHER a bit of hand sanitizer gel or approximately a teaspoon of vinegar into each bag, and then add in 5-6 drops of food dye.
- Massage the bags around until all the colour is evenly coated the pasta, then place onto a paper towel lined tray, making sure not to mix the colours.
- Allow to dry for 24-48 hours until completely dry. You can then mix the pasta together to create your rainbow pasta!
I store these in air tight containers, and they last indefinitely. If you are worried about your child sucking on or putting the pasta in their mouth, use the vinegar instead of the hand sanitizer gel, but for older children the gel seems to work better and dry alot quicker.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: