A great activity. You can create the fossils then use them in a number of other activities.
- 1 Cup Salt
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Of Water
- 1 or more Plastic Dinosaurs
- In a large bowl mix salt and flour together.
Gradually stir in water. Mix well until it forms a doughy mixture. Turn the dough onto a board or counter and kneed with your hands until smooth.
- Roll the dough out flat with a rolling pin or make flat oval shaped. Press your plastic dinosaurs into the dough and remove. Making a dinosaur imprint.
- Place the salt dough fossil shapes in the oven at 160 degrees (fan forced). The amount of time needed to bake depends on the size and thickness of the dough. A thin layer takes around 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
You may like to paint these as an activity, hide them in a sand pit or play hide and seek with them in the yard. You can also get your original plastic dinosaurs and match them up. Great educational activity for identifying dinosaur species.