A great activity. You can create the fossils then use them in a number of other activities.
- 1 Cup Salt
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Of Water
- 1 or more Plastic Dinosaurs
- In a large bowl mix salt and flour together.
Gradually stir in water. Mix well until it forms a doughy mixture. Turn the dough onto a board or counter and kneed with your hands until smooth.
- Roll the dough out flat with a rolling pin or make flat oval shaped. Press your plastic dinosaurs into the dough and remove. Making a dinosaur imprint.
- Place the salt dough fossil shapes in the oven at 160 degrees (fan forced). The amount of time needed to bake depends on the size and thickness of the dough. A thin layer takes around 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.