Fun cake for a special Birthday or simply as a fun activity.
- 1 pk cake mix of your choice
- quantity of icing/frosting (enough to cover cake and cones)
- 1 pk plain sweet biscuits
- sea shells (for decorating) please make sure if these are from the sand at the beach , make sure you boil them well in a large saucepan of boiling water to make sure they are clean and sterile
- sea themed decorations
- green or brown lollies (cut into strips if you want to have seaweed) snake lollies etc.
- 5 ice cream cones
- mini cake rollettes (like top taste, jam rollettes if you prefer)
- Prepare cake mix to directions on packet. Bake in square cake tin as directed on pk.
TIP: Children love mixing, so allow them the joy of the fun and expect them to get messy and lick the bowl after completion, it is part of the fun. te he .
- Whilst the cake is cooking, crush the plain biscuits. (I find placing them in a large zip lock bag and crushing with a rolling pin is heaps of fun) and once again the children will love this part. Once all crushed tip them into a large bowl.
- Whilst cake is cooling prepare icing /frosting. (I find that the store bought in a tub is excellent ) but feel free to prepare your own if you wish.
- Cut up any lollies if being used for seaweed ( this part requires parent help but expect children to pop the occasional lolly in their mouth. te he.
- Place the sea shells in a plate. Remember if they are from the beach, they should have been boiled in a large saucepan of boiling water for a good few minutes. If you have forgotten to do this now is the time to do so. (Mum or Dad only on this one)
- Once the cake is cooled, place the ice cream cones or rollettes or both onto the cake to represent towers etc. Now the fun really starts ice the cake and the towers and when all the cake and towers are covered in sticky icing/frosting sprinkle over the crushed sweet plain biscuits(this represents the sand) mum or dad may have to help with sides as this can be tricky, but hey it is a sand castle cake and child made, so it does not have to be perfect.
- Place shells and decorations onto the sand castle and you are ready for devouring.
- Enjoy and fun to ALL.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: