This is a beautiful little gift for special occasions. You can substitute hot chocolate for coffee based drinks etc. You can also change the choc chips and marshmallows for other items you like.
A great way to make bulk gifts that look great for under $10!
- 5 small jars with lids
- 5 spoons
- 1 cup chocolate- white and dark
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 packet hot chocolate/milo/nesquik
- Ribbon and decorations of choice
- Clean all jars and line up in a line. Fill each jar halfway with hot chocolate mix.
- Fill the rest of the jar with choc chips and mini marshmallows.
- Melt the remainder of the dark chocolate and place into an icing bag (I just use a ziplock sandwich bag and cut the corner off). Pipe the melted chocolate into the spoon and refrigerate until hard.
- Melt the remainder of the white chocolate and place into a separate icing bag. Pipe your choice of decoration on top of the dark chocolate. Eg. I usually put a swirl right down the middle. You can see it behind the snowman in the picture. You may want to put dots, a letter for someones name- whatever you choose.
- While the white chocolate is still warm, add your accents. In this picture, I got a packet of Christmas icing decorations from Coles. Stuck the snowman in the middle of the swirl and a few silver balls to make it look festive. You can decorate to any event- hearts, flowers, balloons etc.
- Write a message for the front of the jar for how to use it. If you can, make them on printable labels.
Mine reads 'Hug in a Cup'
Mix 2 TBS mix into 3/4 cup of hot milk
Add extra toppings as desired
Curl up with your drink, a good book or movie and enjoy a cosy night in!
- Decorate the spoon to match the jar. I included 2 straws with my spoon and tied a ribbon around the top to join them together.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: