A great quick an easy paper lantern DIY tutorial to do with the kids. My daughter likes making teeny tiny ones for her cuddly toys and my boys make huge ones out of a3 paper!
- as many as you need - 1 per lantern - coloured paper / thin card
- a little glue
- a pair of scissors
- First cut a strip of the shorter side of your paper for the handle
- Now fold the sheet of paper in half
- Cut thin strips across the fold (some people choose to mark out a line so all the incisions line up)
- Unfold and turnover
- curl into a cylinder and tape the edges
- glue or tape in your handle
I did this once with lots of different coloured papers then hung all the lanterns on string across the garden for a party decoration - it looked so cute!
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: