A great alternative to bought paint this is non toxic and washes off little hands (and faces!) easily
- 4 table spoons cornflour
- 1 cup boiling water
- cold water
- liquid food colouring
- extra hot water
- In a medium saucepan, mix the cornflour with enough cold water to make a paste. (Not too runny).
- Pour in 1 cup of boiling water and stir thoroughly so there are no lumps. I used a whisk at this point to ensure no lumps
- Turn on medium heat on the stove and mix continually for around 30 seconds or until it starts to thicken. Once you see this, turn off the heat and continue stirring.
- I then added hot water bit by bit, and stirring it using a whisk the whole time until it became like a custard consistency
- Spoon equal amounts into empty jars, cups or containers and add food colouring. Mixing until completely combined
You can keep for a couple of days, but keep in mind it doesn’t have preservatives in it so will go bad. Make sure it’s still ok before giving to children to use – especially if they are young and will try to put in their mouths
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: