A long lasting project with hours of fun.
- 1 large bag of Rice
- Food colouring
- Ziploc bags
- Separate the rice into multiple Ziploc bags (1 bag for each colour).
- Add food colouring to the Ziploc bag along with a small amount of water. The more food colouring you use, the brighter the colour the rice will be. Close the seal on the bag.
- Mix the water and food colouring with the rice in the bag, moving it around until you have even colouring. Add additional food colouring and water as necessary being careful not to make the rice to wet.
- Tip the rice out of the bag onto a baking tray and lay in a warm room or in the sun to dry.
- Once dry, add to a large container and mix! For additional fun add kitchen scoops, tongs, plastic dinosaurs, insects, magnetic items and a magnetic wand!
Keep rice stored in an airtight container and it will last for years.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: