Easter decorations are so sweet with little chicks and bunnies on display. This Easter chick is a great project for preschoolers who love using their little fingers to decorate and don’t mind getting them a tad sticky in the process!
- 1 Strong cardboard
- Yellow wool
- Orange felt
- Craft glue
- Black marker
- Carefully cut out a large oval shape using solid cardboard. We used a delivery box but a cereal box could also work. Cut out 2 rectangles to be used for the chicks feet. Cut out 2 ovals to be used for the chicks eyes.
- Squeeze some glue onto a section of the cardboard. Take the yellow wool and start to wind it around in a circle keeping it close together. Cut the wool when your circle is big enough and repeat all over the cardboard until it is completely covered. Allow the glue to dry.
- Cut a small triangle using the orange felt for the chicks beak and glue it in the centre of the body. Take the marker and draw 2 black circles on the cardboard eyes and glue it above the beak.
- Cut 2 slits at the bottom of the chicks body and slide the 2 feet into the slits.
- Now your little fluffy Easter chick is ready to go on display and add some fun to the house!