This is seriously my dream job. A well-known Gelato company is looking for a Taste Tester to try out its new ice-cream flavours. To be honest, I’d do this for free but this icy-cool gig is actually paid.
Gelatissimo, a popular gelato cafe, with branches across Australia, has advertised this job opening on their website.
The company has specified that they are looking for applicants with “the most refined taste buds in Australia to help us test and evaluate our newest flavours of gelato before they’re released!”
Get Paid To Eat Ice-Cream
The pay is $500 for 4 hours of taste testing. That’s $125 an hour to eat ice-cream. (Let me emphasise again that I’d do it for free!)
The successful applicant would need to confidently and objectively rate the iced confectionary based on texture, colour, smell and appearance and most of all, flavour.
The ad reads:
“We’ve recently released our two limited edition, decadent new flavours to The Deluxe Range, Luscious Lemon Meringue and Chunky New York Cheesecake. But with plenty more on the way, we are looking for someone who can assess the quality and flavour of our current Deluxe range and assess whether these loaded flavours stay on (and if not, what comes next). So if you think you’re the biggest gelato fan in Australia and can objectively judge your caramel fudge swirl from your lemon meringue drizzle, now’s your moment!”
Gelatissimo’s Product Innovation Specialist, Anna Temellini said: ‘It’s important that we’re constantly innovating to create delicious new flavours.
‘Throwing a fresh perspective into the mix is vital to ensure we stay on top of our game. Plus it’s not fair that I get to have all the fun.’
What The Tasting Process Involves
The ad explains the tasting process in detail:
1. Make sure you’re in an environment with minimal distractions. Gelato tasting is serious business, so the sensory tasting needs to be as true and unbiased as possible.
2. Taste with your eyes. Is the appearance of the gelato visually appealing? If so, that’s a great start.
3. Next is the fun bit, the actual tasting. Taste from a spoon turned upside down and place the gelato directly onto your tongue to make sure you’re using all 10,000 of your trusty taste buds.
4. While you’re there, why don’t you take another spoonful (how can you resist?) and this time think about the texture. Gelato is known to be smooth and creamy, so make sure that requirement is met.
5. Have a cup of water nearby to rinse out your mouth between flavours, and then start again!
6. Your tongue and taste buds must be prepared for the job. The day before, please minimise caffeine, chilli and particularly hot food to ensure your palate is cleansed and your taste buds are undamaged. Please have a small breakfast to ensure your taste buds are at their most receptive. You’ll leave full, don’t worry.
Put in your application on Air Tasker.
Would you be keen to get this taste task? Tell us in the comments below.
More On Mouths of Mums
- Aldi Is Selling A Thermomix Look-a-Like For Crazy Cheap Prices
- How To Make The Perfect Pie Maker Doughnuts
- Mum Furious After Her In-Laws Refuse To Stop Kissing Her Baby