Hello!

9 Comments

A young boy’s life was saved by the family pet when it alerted his mother that he was trapped inside a tumble dryer.

Riley Gedge-Duffy, five, suffered burns to his arms, back and head when the machine automatically started with the boy, who has Down’s syndrome, stuck inside, reports Daily Mail.

Aaron Duffy said his wife, who was vacuuming at the time, only knew something was wrong when their dog, Teddy – a cockapoo, began to bark.

He said: ‘My son Riley trapped himself inside the tumble dryer and when he closed the door, the tumble dryer automatically started.

‘My wife was upstairs Hoovering, my other son was watching TV and the dog alerted my wife that something was up.

‘They went downstairs and he was going round and round the tumble dryer.’

The accident happened at the family home in Northern Ireland, on Sunday.

Riley was rushed to Hospital, and is currently receiving treatment.

Very lucky little boy.

Share your comments below.

Image via Daily Mail

  • Is happened in Ireland so I am thinking they need to address the issue of these dryers starting automatically and fast.
    So glad Teddy was on hand and ready to race and bark into action.

    Reply

  • Thank goodness for the family dog!

    Reply

  • Just another reason why I love dogs so much :) They are just the best pets, as this family have discovered

    Reply

  • How scary !! Thank God the dog came to the rescue.
    I never leave my girl with Down syndrome alone. She does silly things as well, I don’t trust her.

    Reply

  • Didn’t know a dryer would automatically start – thank heavens for the dog barking. Hope he got an extra juicy bone over the next few weeks as a thank you.

    Reply

  • So scary that dryers can just automatically start up. This should have never happened.

    Reply

  • Thankk god the dog saved his life,very lucky!

    Reply

  • I didn’t know a dryer would automatically start working. Is that normal? A child I know climbed into one. Her excuse was she want to see if she could fit into it. Fortunately it didn’t start working and her Mum her the door click. Switch them off at the power point when not actually using. Yhis is a very good reason to wall mount it or onto a high cupboard or bench, not have it on the floor.

    Reply

  • Oh my! That’s so scary! What would have happened if the dog hadn’t asked for help? :-(

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join