Food Standards Australia New Zealand have issued a precautionary food recall of several frozen vegetable products due to the possible presence of Listeria monocytogenes.
While properly cooked frozen vegetables will be safe to eat, the risk to vulnerable populations of eating uncooked or under cooked frozen vegetables is serious.
It is estimated that in Australia each year around 150 people are hospitalised with listeriosis and about 15 people die.
If you have any product you should dispose of it or return it to the place of purchase for a refund.
Submitting your rating…
The recall includes:
– Woolworths – Essentials snap frozen mixed veg 1kg: Carrots, peas, corn, green beans & potatoes – National distribution Best Before 19 MAR 2020 through to 24 APR 2020
– Woolworths – Bell Farms Steam Veggie Carrot Corn and Broccoli 3pk 450g – National distribution, all stock
– IGA – Black & Gold Corn Kernels 500g – National distribution Best Before all dates
– IGA – Black & Gold Mixed Vegetables 1kg: Carrots, peas, beans & corn – National distribution Best Before all dates
– ALDI – Market Fare Peas, Carrots and Super Sweet Corn 1kg – National distribution
– ALDI – Market Fare Corn Kernels 1kg QLD, VIC, WA and select NSW stores Product of Hungary (only)
– ALDI – Market Fare Mixed Vegetables 1kg QLD, NSW, ACT, WA Packed in Belgium from Imported and Belgian Ingredients (only)
– ALDI – Market Fare Quick Steam Carrot Broccoli and Cauliflower 450g – National distribution
– ALDI – Market Fare Quick Steam Carrot Corn and Broccoli 450g – National distribution
– ALDI: Only products with country of origin of Belgium, United Kingdom or Hungary, all other countries not affected.
Greenyard Frozen Belgium NV is conducting a recall of the above products. The products have been available for sale at Woolworths, ALDI and IGA, Campbells and Independent grocery stores.
Problem: The recall is due to possible microbial (Listeria monocytogenes) contamination.
Food safety hazard: Listeria may cause illness in pregnant women and their unborn babies, the elderly and people with low immune systems.
Country of origin: Belgium/Hungary
What to do: Any consumers concerned about their health should seek medical advice and should return the products to the place of purchase for a full refund.
For further information please contact: Woolworths 1800 103 515 , ALDI 1800 709 993, Metcash 1300 135 690
Share your comments below