Hello!

14 Comments

Baby girl smothered to death by her teddy bear in horrifying accident.

Heartbroken mum, Dexy Leigh Walsh, from Dundee, said she stuffed the teddies down the side of 18 month old Connie Rose’s bed to stop her falling – but it ended up being the ‘biggest regret of her life’

The bears are believed to have suffocated the little girl.

Mum Dexy Leigh Walsh found her in the morning in her bedroom at their home in Dundee, the Daily Record reports.

The toddler was not breathing and the horrified young mum realised every parent’s worst nightmare had come true for her.

Dexy has shared a warning on Facebook.

“I have been blaming myself as she passed away due to suffocation as I had packed down the side of her bed with teddy’s and placed a big one on top of the smaller teddy’s to stop her from falling down the side of her bed, and she did exactly that but as it was all teddy bears she went under the massive teddy and fell asleep with the angels, all I think about now is what if I just left it empty she would still be here maybe with just a small bump on her head.

“I want every parent to see and be aware of this. Let them fall don’t try to stuff small places up with soft things just leave it empty. She had a bed guard at one side and the smallest gap from her wall to her bed and that’s where I had put all her teddy’s my biggest regret in life. Please move everything off your kids bed and away from the sides.”

SID recommends parents do not use cot bumpers or soft bedding as these have been associated with fatal sleep accidents.

Our thoughts are with the family x

Share your comments below

Image via FB

  • Seems you need a bed rail on both sides of a toddler’s bed until you have confidence baby will not fall out.

    Reply

  • Every sympathy and I cannot even imagine the heartbreak for this poor mum and family – so tragic and so sad.


    • It takes tremendous courage to go public with this sad story.

    Reply

  • Poor family. You should never put anything into the cot but it’s a hard lesson to leanr :(

    Reply

  • RIP little one – condolences to your parents.

    Reply

  • How heartbreaking! Thinking of this family. You think you are doing the right thing and this happens. RIP little one

    Reply

  • How awful. I was aware of this risk for babies, but would have thought sh was old enough for this to be low risk.

    Reply

  • Such a tragic accident – rip little one!

    Reply

  • Poor mum, how awful she must feel ! my thoughts and prayers go out to her and the rest of the family.

    Reply

  • So sad RIP little Angel

    Reply

  • Oh your poor love. My heart breaks for you.

    Reply

  • This is something I would have done, but I know now :( I feel so sorry for this family’s loss

    Reply

  • Very, very sad for this family. Hope they find the strength to recover.

    Reply

  • How awful for this family. Thoughts are with them.

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join