Have you run out of ice cream for the kids? Don’t rush to the shops, you can make your own in a zip lock bag in just 10 minutes, including 5 minutes of freezing time, and the kids can even make it themselves!
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence (or another flavour if desired)
- 8 tablespoons rock salt
1. Combine the milk, cream, sugar and essence in a bowl.
2. Transfer the mixture into a medium ziplock bag.
3. In a large ziplock bag, place 4 cups of ice and 8 tablespoons of rock salt.
4. Place your smaller ziplock bag into the big one with the ice.
5. Shake the bag for 5-10 minutes (you may want to wear gloves).
6. Remove the smaller bag and rinse to remove any salt.
7. Scoop your ice cream out and eat with your choice of toppings.
How amazing is this!? You have to watch the youtube video to believe it:
It’s a great activity to do with the kids and perfect for Summer. It’s on my list of things to do!
Try it out and let me know how you go. SHARE your thoughts with us below!
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com