We use liquid soap but I don’t like the look of the bought plastic bottles they come in.
Solution… I made my own beautiful soap dispensers using jars!
What you’ll need:
- A large mason jar
- a disposable filled soap dispenser
- waterproof glue
- optional: spray paint and sealer.
- Remove the soap pump from the disposable soap container and wash it clean.
- Trace the top of the pump into the middle of the jar lid.
- Use a screwdriver and hammer to tap a hole in lid where you have marked. You may need to use small pliers to remove pieces of metal.
- Paint your lid and remember to use sealer over the paint to protect it (If you want to paint it).
- Glue the pump to the lid and let dry. (You may need to trim the straw length if your jar is short)
- Place the liquid soap in the jar and it’s ready to use.
They look so beautiful compared to the bought plastic dispensers.
Try it out and let me know how you go. Please add your comment below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com