Hello!

20 Comments

Kate Ritchie’s 15-month-old daughter Mae, suffers a terrible injury.


 

Dettol_Liquid_Hand_Wash_main_image_625x430

Are your family’s hands as clean as they could be? Read the DETTOL Liquid Hand Wash reviews here


A day at home turned very wrong when Kate’s daughter, Mae had to be rushed to hospital and treated for burns after tipping a hot drink over herself.

The former Home And Away star and her husband, former NRL player Stuart Webb, immediately called 000 for an ambulance.

‘To say they are upset would be an understatement. They’re wondering what they could have done differently, and they both feel awful about what happened,’ a close friend told New Idea.

‘Kate and Stuart are really concerned about permanent scarring,’ the friend reveals. ‘It’s a fairly large area, but it’s too early to know if there will be any long-term damage.’

We wish little Mae a speedy recovery.

Share your thoughts below.

Image via Getty

  • Poor little one. Accidents do happen, but hot beverages or food should always be put out of reach. I’m sure they’ll be extra careful from now on.

    Reply

  • It happens so fast. Hope she is ok

    Reply

  • The poor little darling. I wish her a super speedy recovery.

    Reply

  • This is something that could happen to anyone. I hope she recovers soon.

    Reply

  • I am horrified that I am going to accidentally hurt my bub. But at the end of the day accidents happen & we cannot cover our kids in cotton wool. I guess we just need to ensure that we make their environments as safe as we can and do the best. They should not feel bad about what happened as it was simply an accident. I do so hope she does not scar.

    Reply

  • I hope dear little Mae recovers well. Poor little pet.

    Reply

  • I hope the little girl is now back home, safe and sound!

    Reply

  • that is scary! i know someone who had their kid do the same thing. kids can be so quick

    Reply

  • Wishing little Mae a speedy recovery. How frightening for them all!

    Reply

  • Wishing Mea a very speedy recovery. Poor little munchkin. Hot drinks can be so dangerous with little ones around.

    Reply

  • Poor wee child and parents ! I can imagine their scare, but accidents happen. I remember one of my cousins got badly burned when it pulled a pan of cooked rice over itself at age 2. It caused permanent scarring.

    Reply

  • Poor little Mae and poor parents. That would be enough to scare anyone..

    Reply

  • oh no poor Mae, i hope because they sought treatment so fast that she doesn’t suffer any permament scarring – I bet they are beside themselves with feelings of guilt – it happens and its unfortunate :(

    Reply

  • Oh my goodness how terrifying my thoughts are with them

    Reply

  • Accidents happen, I know that my daughters have a lot of bumps and bruises and I feel terrible. I pray Mae has a speedy recovery. Kate and Stuart’s concern and obvious distress shows that they are kind and loving parents. Its sickening to know that there are some beasts out there that inflict this kind of pain and worse intentionally.

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join