Summer is here and the weather is warming up again, babies are prone to overheating very quickly so it’s incredibly important to keep them cool on hot days.
Here are some tips on keeping your babies cool on those hot, hot days …
- Keep them inside where possible on extreme heat days.
- If you have to be outdoors, stay in the shade.
- Use a summer weight baby carrier if out and about as some of the baby carriers are made of very thick material and can make your baby overheat.
- Offer them more breast milk or formula so that they stay hydrated.
- Take them for a dip with you at the pool or beach early in the morning or late afternoon when it’s cooler.
- Don’t overdress your baby, make sure are dressed in thin breathable clothing.
- Keep the house as cool as possible for them by keeping the blinds and curtains shut in the day and opening up windows at night when it’s cooler.
- If your house is hot, find some air-conditioning, head to the friend’s house or the shops.
- Give baby a cool bath.
- Use a cold face washer and wipe down your babies skin to cool it.
- Freeze fruit and yogurt treats for older babies to suck on.
Do you have any tips you can share? TELL US in the comments below.
Main image courtesy of Shutterstock.com