More popular Kinder Surprise products sold nationally have been recalled due to potential Salmonella contamination.
The Ferrero Australia Kinder chocolate products have been available at Coles, Woolworths, Target, Kmart, Big W, independent food retailers including IGA and petrol stations, and online.
Food Standards Australia is warning that the products shouldn’t be eaten, and need to be returned to the place of purchase for a full refund. Anyone concerned about their health needs to seek medical advice.
The recalled Kinder chocolate products are:
(All Best Before Dates/Batch Codes)
- Kinder Easter Basket 120g (6x20g): 19300698000619
- Kinder Mini Eggs Hazelnut: 100g: 19300698020242; 270g; 9300698503618; 750g: 9300698503618
- Kinder Surprise Maxi (Miraculous) 100g: 19300698018591
- Kinder Surprise Maxi (Natoons) 100g: 19300698016528
- Kinder Surprise Xmas Maxi (Disney Frozen 2021) 100g: 9300698502246
- Kinder Surprise Xmas Maxi (2021) 100g: 9300698501935
- Kinder Maxi Xmas Mix with Plush (2021) 133g: 9300698504004
- Kinder Xmas Happy Moments Ballotin (2021) 190g: 9300698503960
The Kinder Surprise 20g single and three-pack eggs in white, blue and pink varieties sold in Australia are not affected. All other Ferrero products, including other Kinder products, are not affected by this recall.
Food Standards Australia says food products contaminated with Salmonella may cause illness if consumed. The range of recalled chocolates originate from Belgium, with all Kinder products manufactured in Italy not affected by this recall.We may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.